Lettuce wraps are my go to any time I see them on a menu in a restaurant! These Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are an easy and delicious way to recreate them at home! Im always trying to recreate dishes that I love to eat out at home. making them a little bit healthier and always easy to make! These are low carb, gluten free, high protein, and low sugar. I swapped out Hoisin sauce and made my own sauce with a few simple pantry ingredients
My Instant Pot is my essential cooking tool these days-Im obsessed! If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot craze yet, or you’re not sure if you need one, you should and you do! Its one pot cooking at its best and makes getting a healthy dinner on the table-especially during the crazy weeknights-so much easier.
This is the Instant Pot I have and love! Tip: If you are wondering which size to get, I recommend going larger rather than smaller if you there are more than two people in your family
The great thing about lettuce wraps are that you can fill them with anything you like. This recipe calls for Ground Turkey, because like so many of how my recipes develop its what I had on hand. We love Butter Lettuce in our house, but you can also use long romaine leaves or iceberg lettuce!
How gorgeous is this butter lettuce? Ok, I admit it, Im a produce nerd. But, still!
I love how easily the leaves separate and are big enough to hold your filling
A lot of lettuce wrap recipes call for water chestnuts, but I don’t care for them. Edamame is a great alternative for crunch, flavor, and added nutritional value. They contain calcium, potassium, and magnesium and are a great source of protein, heathy fat, and dietary fiber for gut health and digestion. Plus, I love the pop of color they bring to the dish.
TIP: Buy Organic edamame whenever possible. Soy beans are one of the biggest GMO crops out there-this is one of those times when it pays to buy organic. I bought a bag of frozen Edamame at Whole Foods for $2.99!
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Disclosure: This post contains an affliliate link , meaning that at no additional cost to you I will earn a percentage if you click through and make a purchase.
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil (divided)
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Shelled Edamame
- Turn Instant Pot on to Sautè Function and add olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil
- When the Instant Pot display reads HOT, add the onions and cook until soft (approximately 4 minutes). Stir a few times so that they do not burn
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the turkey, breaking up the meat with a spoon. Season with some more salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink.
- Combine the Liquid Aminos, chicken stock, honey, ground ginger, and apple cider vinegar and add to the Instant Pot.
- Stir to Combine all ingredients and secure the lid on the pot
- Hit "Cancel" on the Instant Pot. Press "Manual" and press the +/- button until 5 minutes is displayed
- Once the pot comes to pressure, the timer will countdown. Once it beeps and the cooking time is completed, allow it to NPR (Natural Pressure Release) for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Add Edamame and stir
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!