If you like Spaghetti Squash, but don’t always have an extra hour to make it in the oven, this recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is for you! While delicious on its own, Spaghetti Squash can be used as a low carb, lower calorie plant based pasta alternative. High in Potassium, Vitamin A, folic acid, and beta carotene, Spaghetti Squash is a nutritious addition to your seasonal fall foods.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe lol ideas and healthy living tips!
The uncooked squash has a long shelf life. It will stay fresh for about 2-3 weeks. Once cooked, I store it in a container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can cook spaghetti squash whole, but I recommend cutting it in half before you cook it. You want to use a sharp, heavy knife to cut through the thick skin. The direction you cut it will determine the length of the strands you get after its cooked.
If you don’t yet have an Instant Pot, what are you waiting for?! Link to the pot I use HERE
It takes only 8 minutes to cook Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot! I will never make it any other way !
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in The Instant Pot
Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot in just 8 minutes!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup of Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Brush the olive oil onto both halves of the squash and season with salt and pepper
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot and add the broth or water
- Place both halves of the Spaghetti Squash on the trivet
- Close and Seal the lid and set to Manual High Pressure for 8 minutes
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and carefully remove the squash.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti strands
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out my recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for another quick and easy side dish! For even more recipes, Join our Facebook Community The Healthy Instant Pot
Would love to hear what you think!