Is there something that you love but only eat out at a restaurant? I love Ahi Tuna , but was always afraid to make it at home. My last trip to whole foods I found it on sale and decided I was going to experiment with a tuna steak recipe. As with most things, I find that simple preparation is usually the best, especially when cooking something new. And I’m all about easy weeknight dinners, because let’s face it, we are just busy. And tired.
Even after cooking seven trillion meals this year, it’s still more important than ever to eat healthy in order to stay healthy. This recipe for Simple Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks took only 10 minutes from start to finish! It was delicious and easy enough for a weeknight family dinner, but special enough to serve to company. That’s my kind of cooking!
This Tuna Steak Recipe has only four ingredients: Ahi Tuna steaks, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Grilling Ahi Tuna Steaks is an easy, healthy way to prepare them! Do you have an indoor grill pan? I love the Legend Cast Iron Pan !
I served the tuna steaks with lemon wedges, grilled asparagus and my family’s favorite Polenta Recipe .
What’s your favorite fish to cook at home? Check out some of our other favorites:
Quick and Easy Tuna Steak Recipe for Ahi Tuna :
- 2 ahi tuna steaks (this served two adults and 1 child, with leftovers)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Brush one side of the tuna steaks with the olive oil. Season with the sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot, but not smoking. Place tuna steaks face down on the side brushed with the olive oil. Brush the other side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 1/2 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- I served the tuna steaks with lemon wedges, grilled asparagus and
- Now, that's a pretty plate!
- AND...I'm happy to say it was definitely kid approved! What more can we ask for?
- What's your favorite fish to cook at home that you would like to see more recipes for?
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.