Is there something that you love but only eat out at a restaurant? I love Ahi Tuna , but I was always afraid to make it at home. My last trip to whole foods I found ahi tuna steaks on sale and decided I was going to experiment with a tuna steak recipe. As with most things, I find that simple preparation is usually the best, especially when cooking something new. And I’m all about easy weeknight dinners, because let’s face it, we are just busy. And tired. This recipe for Simple Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks is my go to!
Even after cooking seven trillion meals this year, it’s still more important than ever to eat healthy in order to stay healthy. This recipe for Simple Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks took only 10 minutes from start to finish! It was delicious and easy enough for a weeknight family dinner, but special enough to serve to company. That’s my kind of cooking!
My recipe for Simple Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks has only four ingredients…Ahi Tuna steaks, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Grilling Ahi Tuna Steaks is an easy, healthy way to prepare them! Do you have an indoor grill pan? I love the Legend Cast Iron Pan !
I served the tuna steaks with lemon wedges, grilled asparagus and my family’s favorite Polenta Recipe .
What’s your favorite fish to cook at home? Check out some of our other favorites:
Quick and Easy Tuna Steak Recipe for Ahi Tuna :
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot, but not smoking.
- Brush one side of the tuna steaks with the olive oil. Season with the sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place tuna steaks, oiled side face down, into the grill pan. Brush the other side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tuna steak for 2 1/2 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes
- Remove to a plate and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 41g