This recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Shredded Chicken is a dump and go recipe that you can make any day of the week! It’s no secret that I love my slow cooker! This recipe for shredded chicken tacos in the crockpot is the easiest dinner EVER! Anyone else need EASY? But still healthy and delicious? We are all crazy with work, activities, homework, scheduling…did I leave anything out? Some days I just don’t have the time or energy to spend in the kitchen. But, the reality is that cooking is healthier and certainly cheaper than going out to eat or ordering in food. This is a recipe I will be putting in my rotation for sure. Read on for my recipe on how to make delicious shredded chicken for tacos (and enchiladas!) in the slow cooker!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe lol ideas and healthy living tips!
I promise you, it doesn’t get any easier than this! Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and turn it on! That’s it! I have made this with both frozen and defrosted chicken breasts and the cook time is the same. You can do so many things with the shredded chicken….Use it in tacos with soft tortillas or hard taco shells, on a salad or over rice (Try cauliflower rice for a healthier alternative). Delicious, healthy Mexican food at home!
You can also turn your Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken into Enchiladas !
Slow Cooker Shredded Salsa Chicken for Tacos
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package frozen corn (optional)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into the slow cooker
- Set for High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours
- In the last 30 minutes, Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
- Add back into slow cooker and cook for the remaining time
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.