Does anyone else feel like they are always cooking?? I love to create recipes and cook, but after months of preparing 3 meals a day, working from home, and remote/hybrid schooling I’m looking for easy meals that are still yummy and healthy. A quiche made with simple, fresh ingredients is a great solution for a quick weeknight meal. This Spinach, Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche can be made ahead and eaten hot or at room temperature. Serve it with a green salad and you have a complete meal that you can feel good about.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Spinach Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche
Eggs have gotten a bad rap in the past, but eggs are a very healthy food. They are an excellent source of protein, containing Amino Acids and all of the B Vitamins. High quality protein sources help build lean muscle mass and make you feel full longer which is a good thing when you are trying to maintain or lose weight! Eggs are also a good source of choline, vitamin D, phosphorus and iron. I do buy Organic Cage Free eggs whenever possible. The eggs are smaller and taste better!
TIP: The darker the yolk, the fresher the egg!
Try some of my other quick and easy egg recipes :
Spinach, Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 whole wheat quiche or pie shell
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil or Sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 cage free eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 6 ounces Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add onions and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Transfer veggies to the quiche shell, add the tomatoes and pour egg mixture into the pie shell.
- Top with the Goat Cheese and transfer the skillet to the oven
- Bake for 20-25 ,minutes, or until the top begins to brown