Breakfast for dinner! Sometimes, there’s nothing better. It’s a great way to get a healthy, comforting dinner on the table quickly during the week. A frittata is a great way to use up produce you have on hand and to get more veggies into your family’s diet. This Asparagus, Kale, and Feta Frittata is easy and so good. Serve with your favorite salad for a complete meal.
I love the flavor combinations of Asparagus, Kale, and feta cheese. If your family doesn’t like kale, feel free to swap it out for spinach! Feta adds creamy, slightly salty flavor. Feta is lower in calories than other cheeses and also may also contain higher amounts of the fatty acid CLA, which can aid in weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight but still want to enjoy cheese in your diet, feta is a great choice!
More breakfast for dinner (or just breakfast!) with these other frittata recipes
- 8 large eggs (use cage free organic eggs if you can)
- ¼ Organic milk
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1" diagonal pieces (remove tough bottom pieces)
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with sea salt and pepper Set aside.
- In an oven proof pan, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until softened.
- Add the asparagus and kale. Cover and Cook until the asparagus is tender and the Kale is wilted.
- Pour the eggs over the asparagus, kale, and shallots. Add half of the cheese. Cook for about 6-8 minutes on low heat until eggs are set
- Sprinkle the friittata with the rest of the feta cheese.
- Put the pan into the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fritttata is firm and the cheese is melted.