Simple, healthy recipes are always my jam, but especially as the weather gets warmer! Spring and summer foods for me are all about simple ingredients without a lot of fuss. I want to spend less time cooking and more time outdoors! This quick and easy recipe for Black Bean, Corn and Avocado salad is perfect for your outdoor barbecues or a simple side dish for a weeknight dinner.
I always keep Organic Low Sodium (or no salt added) canned beans in my pantry. While I do love to cook a big batch of dried beans at the beginning of the week, sometimes I just don’t have the time. Having canned beans on hand is a great way to add protein into your diet. If you want to use dried beans, I share my fool proof method in the post How to Cook Dried Beans
Black bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 Package Frozen Organic Sweet Corn, thawed and drained
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes , chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- Juice of two limes
- 1 large or 2 small avocados , diced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the avocado, in a large bowl
- Gently fold in the avocado
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like this Black Bean Salad with Corn and Avocado, try these other vegetarian healthy sides: