Simple, healthy recipes are always my jam, but especially as the weather gets warmer! Spring and summer foods for me are all about simple ingredients without a lot of fuss. I want to spend less time cooking and more time outdoors! This quick and easy recipe for Black Bean Salad with corn and avocado is the perfect side dish for your outdoor barbecues or a simple side dish for a weeknight dinner.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe lol ideas and healthy living tips!
I always keep Organic Low Sodium (or no salt added) canned beans in my pantry. While I do love to cook a big batch of dried beans at the beginning of the week, sometimes I just don’t have the time. Having canned beans on hand is a great way to add protein into your diet. If you want to use dried beans, I share my fool proof method in the post How to Cook Dried Beans
Black Bean Salad with Corn and Avocado
Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad
This healthy and delicious Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad , with just a few simple ingredients, is the perfect summer side dish!
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 Package Frozen Organic Sweet Corn, thawed and drained
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes , chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- Juice of two limes
- 1 large or 2 small avocados , diced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the avocado, in a large bowl
- Gently fold in the avocado
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like this Black Bean Salad recipe, try these other vegetarian healthy sides:
Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Glaze
Would love to hear what you think!