Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? There’s something so comforting and easy about it. We got home late from after school activities and the dentist and I was so ready to just order take out. But, knowing the weekend was coming and we would probably be ordering in and eating out more than once, I decided to take a look and see what I already had on hand to make a quick dinner. This Broccoli, Spinach, & Cheese Frittata is healthy, easy, and delicious! It’s also a great recipe to get your kids involved in. They can crack eggs, add in the cheese, whisk the eggs. I am a big believer in if they cook it, they are more likely to eat it! Yes, even with the veggies! Serve it with a green salad and you have a complete, nutritious meal! Vegetarian, Low Carb, and Gluten Free!
Broccoli, Spinach, & Cheese Frittata
One Pot Cooking! A cast iron skillet is perfect for a frittata, but if you don’t have one any large skillet will work
You cook the Broccoli, Spinach, & Cheese Frittata until the edges start so set and pull away from the pan. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through. How easy is that?
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets and chopped small
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or chopped small
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large oven proof skillet. Add scallions and sauté until softened , about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheeses, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and fresh ground pepper. Set aside
- Add garlic and cook another minute. Add chopped broccoli and spinach to the pan. Cook until the broccoli is softened and the spinach. Pour egg mixture into the pan and swirl around to evenly cover the veggies. Cook until the edges start so set and pull away from the pan. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Try my other Frittata recipes!