Another winter day, another soup! I really love soups for their versatility and one pot cooking! There are endless combinations of soups that you can make and they are a great way to use up what you have in your refrigerator and pantry. This recipe for Chicken Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup is a hearty meal that is both healthy and delicious!
The Ingredients for Chicken Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup:
Try some of our other favorite tried and true soup recipes!
Enjoy and stay warm this winter, Friends!
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Sausage, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound Fingerling Potatoes (Feel free to substitute Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes)
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add chicken sausage and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions , sprinkle with salt , and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, broth, water, and spices to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sausage back in and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover, and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale and cook another 5 minutes
- Check for seasonings and serve!