Another winter day, another soup! I really love soups for their versatility and one pot cooking! There are endless combinations of soups that you can make and they are a great way to use up what you have in your refrigerator and pantry. This recipe for Chicken Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup is a hearty meal that is both healthy and delicious!
The Ingredients for Chicken Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup:
Try some of our other favorite tried and true soup recipes!
Dairy Free White Bean Soup with Shrimp and Kale
Beef Barley Soup for Stove top or Slow Cooker
Lentil soup with sausage and acorn squash
Enjoy and stay warm this winter, Friends!
Chicken Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup
This soup of chicken sausage, Kale, and Potatoes makes a hearty meal that is both healthy and delicious
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Sausage, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound Fingerling Potatoes (Feel free to substitute Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes)
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add chicken sausage and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions , sprinkle with salt , and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, broth, water, and spices to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sausage back in and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover, and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale and cook another 5 minutes
- Check for seasonings and serve!
Would love to hear what you think!