Stir fry’s are a great, easy way to get dinner on the table during the week-FAST. And another beauty of them is that you can really use whatever you have in your fridge. I often make stir fry’s when I have a bunch of produce that I need to use up before it goes to waste. Or to use up what I got in my weekly Misfits Market produce box that I don’t have the time to figure out how to something more creative with:) I made this one last night for just me and my Girl-hubby was at a business dinner. There was still more than enough had there been the three of us. You can scale it up if you are feeding a bigger crowd.
I always use Bragg Liquid Aminos. Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contain 16 Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts. Also has a LOT less Sodium. A serving of 1 tablespoon of one label of traditional soy sauce I looked at has 1000 mg of sodium!!
Looking for more quick and easy chicken recipes? Here are some of my go to’s:
Slow Cooker Chicken Favorites:
Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, separated
- 1 pound Organic Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 peppers (color of choice-I had red and orange), sliced
- 6 scallions, sliced thin (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping at the end )
- 4 green garlic stalks, chopped (This is one of those CSA goodies I got. If you do not have green garlic, use 3 cloves regular garlic)
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 Tablespoons chopped raw cashews
- For Sauce:
- ¼ Cup Bragg Amino Acids
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Season chicken with some sea salt and pepper. Cut into strips. Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until browned. Remove chicken to a plate. Add the other tbsp of oil. Add peppers and snow peas and stir fry for 1 minute. Add scallions and garlic, toss all together and stir fry until veggies are softened, approximately 4 minutes. Add sauce, toss to coat and cook for another 2 minutes. Top with reserved scallions and cashews. I served it over brown rice.