Stir fry’s are a great, easy way to get dinner on the table during the week-FAST. And another beauty of the stir fry is that you can really use whatever you have in your fridge. I often make stir fry’s when I have a bunch of produce that I need to use up before it goes to waste. I made this Healthy Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry last night from what I had in the fridge. Stir Fry’s are also a great way to get more vegetables into your kids.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe lol ideas and healthy living tips!
Instead of Soy Sauce, I always use Bragg Liquid Aminos. Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contain 16 Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts. It also has a LOT less Sodium. A serving of 1 tablespoon of one label of traditional soy sauce I looked at has 1000 mg of sodium!!
If you don’t have a wok ,you can use a large sauté pan. I finally bought a wok last year and now I can’t imagine cooking without it! You can get a basic one here on Amazon
Looking for more quick and easy chicken recipes? Here are a couple more of my family’s favorites:
Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe :
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, separated
- 1 Pound Organic Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Bell Peppers (color of choice-I had red and orange), sliced
- 6 Scallions, sliced thin (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish at the end )
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 Tablespoons chopped raw cashews
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Bragg Amino Acids
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Season chicken with some sea salt and pepper. Cut into strips.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside
- Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until browned, about 5 minutes total. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the other tbsp of oil. Add peppers and snow peas and stir fry for 1 minute. Add scallions and garlic, toss all together and stir fry until veggies are softened, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add sauce, toss to coat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top with reserved scallions and cashews.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.