Cilantro and Lime is a classic flavor profile that I love and can be used on so many things, from meats to veggies. It’s my go to marinade for grilled chicken. I paired the chicken with a simple fresh salsa for an easy, healthy, and delicious meal thats quick enough for a weeknight dinner, but looks pretty enough for a special meal. This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken With Avocado, Cucumber, and Tomato Salsa took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. That’s this busy Mama’s kind of cooking!
This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken can be grilled on either an outdoor grill or indoors using a grill pan. Living in an apartment in New York City, I use my. grill pan a lot. I highly recommend a Cast Iron Grill Pan like this one from Legend for indoor use
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
More of my favorite easy grilling recipes :
Cilantro Lime Chicken With Avocado, Cucumber, and Tomato Salsa
- For the Chicken:
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Juice from 1 large lime (or 2 medium)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- For the Salsa:
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (you can use whatever tomatoes you have on hand)
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 small or ½ large cucumber peeled and diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- chopped cilantro
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper
- Combine Lime Juice, Cilantro, Cumin, and Olive Oil in a large bowl and let marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray
- Grill chicken until done, approximately 5-7 minutes per side
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring gently to not smash the avocado. Serve salsa over chicken.
This post contains an Affiliate Link.