It’s been quite a couple of weeks, with things changing by the hour it seems. One of the biggest challenges during this crazy time of “social distancing” from the Coronavirus is finding creative ways to keep kids entertained (and parents sane) and nurture their curiosity while everyone’s home from school and work. With that in mind, we’ve pulled together some crafts and family game favorites that will keep kids (and even parents) busy and inspired as we all begin to navigate this new “normal”. Here are some great options for Crafts and Classic Games to Keep Kids Busy (and parents sane)
Picks for Crafts and Classic Games to Keep Kids Busy (and parents sane) during Social Distancing
Creative Crafts from Etsy:
SimplySensory Kits for Creative Play
Easter Egg Stained Glass Craft Kit
Stimulate creative learning with KiwiCo kits!
- Build a foundation for learning with Panda crate, ages 0-24 months
- Get hands-on fun delivered for budding innovators with Koala crate, ages 2-4
- Tinker, create and innovate for ages 5-8 with Kiwi crate
- Explore new destinations with Atlas crate, ages 6-11
- Open a studio for hands-on creativity with Doodle crate, ages 14+
- Play in a lab for hands-on STEM projects with Tinker crate, ages 9-16+
- Get inspired and get making with Maker crate art and design kit, ages 14-104
- Put science to work and engineer something amazing with Eureka crate, ages 14-104
Classic Family Games:
- Get the whole family moving together with Twister
- Practice dexterity with Jenga
- Practice color + number matching with classic Uno
- Hone vocabulary skills with Scrabble
- Bring their favorites to life with Frozen II Monopoly
Jo-Ann Fabrics Art Supplies
- Crayola washable kids paint
- Crayola Construction Paper Pad
- Crayola Coloring Book Sloths Love Llamas
- Crayola Crystal Effects Washable Window Markers
- Crayola Oil Pastels 28PK
Now that you have activities covered, what about cooking now that you are essentially a short order cook cooking 3 meals a day? Plus snacks. I’ve got you covered! Here are some easy, family friendly recipes to help get you through
Soup Roundup….My 5 (Easy) Favorites!
Cranberry Dark Chocolate Muffins
Sending much love and positive vibes to you all. XO, Vanessa
Disclaimer: This post contains Affiliate links. As always, all opinions and recommendations are my own. Thank you for being a part of The Brooklyn Mom community!
Would love to hear what you think!