What to do on a crazy November wintry Day? We baked! If your kids were off from school today and are like my Daughter, by 10:00 am they were bored and wondering what else there was to do. Cooking and baking with your kids is a great way to keep them entertained, while teaching them about food. These Cranberry Dark Chocolate muffins were Isabella’s idea of what to do with the fresh cranberries we got from our Produce Box!
My Sous Chef!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
More healthy snacks from The Brooklyn Mom
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (to make these Gluten Free, use Almond Flour or Coconut Flour!)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cage free egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Apple sauce
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with foil baking cups.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Add in all remaining dry ingredients , besides chocolate chips and cranberries , and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until combined (You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer)
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients and whisk
- To combine.
- Once all ingredients are combined , stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.