You may have noticed there aren’t a ton of red meat recipes on the blog. We don’t eat a lot of red meat, but when we do I always try to buy Grass Fed beef . This is one of those places where it really pays to pay a little more for something if you can. Grass fed beef not only tastes better, but it is has far less fat and calories, contains more omega 3 fatty acids which is critical to heart health, and less cholesterol. One of my favorite ways to eat Flank Steak is stuffed. This recipe for Flank Steak Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner, but also special enough for company!
I get all of my meat from Butcher Box Meat Delivery Box service and I absolutely LOVE it! Butcher Box delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, humanely raised pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to your door. Choose from four different curated boxes or completely customize your own box based on your and your family’s tastes. Plus you get a FREE Meat Bundle with your first order!
The Flank Steak is stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese, Rolled, and Tied. You will start cooking the Flank Steak on the stove and finish it in the oven for the perfect end result!
Flank Steak Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese
Easy and delicious, this recipe for Flank Steak Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese is easy enough for. a weeknight dinner but nice enough for company
- 2 pound Grass Fed Flank Steak
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Extra " equipment" needed: Kitchen twine
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Slice flank steak lengthwise all the way down, being careful not to separate the pieces. It doesn't have to be pretty- you are going to tie it up anyway!
- Lay flank steak on a flat surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay spinach down the middle of the steak, leaving room around all edges to roll it.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Starting at one end, roll up steak tightly and tie with kitchen twine. Season outside with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium high heat. Brown steak on all sides.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until temperature is 130 degrees for medium rare
- . If you like your meat more well done, cook to the desired temperature, but remember it will continue to cook while it sits so don't overlook!
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A few more of our favorite Beef Recipes
Authentic Italian Sunday Sauce
Authentic Italian Meatballs in Sauce
Beef Barley Soup for Stove top or Slow Cooker
Would love to hear what you think!