As much as I love to cook, I don’t bake often. But, Isabella loves to bake so I have been trying to make more of an effort! And I like to create healthier versions of baked treats with my daughter to show her that healthier CAN be delicious! But, it has to be simple too! Our latest creation, Gluten Free Banana Oat Protein Muffins, check all the boxes-healthy, delicious, and simple!
Banana Oat Protein Muffins
This protein muffin recipe contains no oil, no flour, and no added sugars. As an added bonus, they are full of protein! They are super moist, yummy, and are healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast or as a guilt free treat. Also perfect for the time treats are needed for a school party or bake sale!
These muffins freeze really well. Store the left overs in the freezer and defrost as needed!
Looking for more healthy ,yummy treats? Check out some more of our favorites!
Recipe for Banana Oat Protein Muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plain oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a second larger bowl and combine. (I use a stand mixer but a hand mixer is fine)
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into muffin tins , either lined with paper muffin cups
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!