This Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli is a delicious, healthier take on your favorite Chinese take out! The chicken is sautéed in your Instant Pot, not fried, and features my favorite healthy swap outs! And the best part….it was on the table in less than 30 minutes! Weekdays can be exhausting and the thought of cooking dinner at the end of a long day is just overwhelming.
The Instant Pot was such a game changer for me. We almost never order in anymore, and not only is it so much healthier, but it also saves a ton of money, Ordering take out in NYC multiple times a week can definitely add up.
I always use Bragg Liquid Aminos as a substitute for soy sauce. It is much lower in sodium than even low sodium soy sauce, contains 16 naturally occurring amino acids, is gluten free, vegan, and has no chemical preservatives. Liquid aminos is the basis for the perfect sauce for my Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli and in other dishes like this Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Another healthy swap out is using raw honey instead of sugar. Raw honey comes straight from the beehive and has many health benefits! It is a great source of antioxidants, can help build immunity, has antifungal and antimicrobial properties, and is good for your digestion and gut health. The difference between raw honey and regular honey is that regular honey is pasteurized and that process destroys a lot of the nutritional properties found in raw honey.
Fun Fact: I appeared on the Dr Oz Show talking about health benefits and uses for raw honey!
Here are the Ingredients you will need for Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli:
- coconut oil
- Sesame Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Fresh ginger
- low sodium chicken broth or stock
- Bragg Aminos
- Raw honey
- broccoli florets
- Black pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Corn starch
Try these other healthy, easy Instant Pot Meals:
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Teaspoon Minced Fresh ginger
- ⅓ Cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅔ Cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1½ Tablespoons Raw honey
- 1 Cup broccoli florets
- Black pepper
- Corn starch
- Black and White Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together the ginger, Chicken broth, Bragg Liquid Aminos, and Honey. Set Aside.
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add the Coconut Oil and Sesame Oil
- Once the display reads "HOT", add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and the crushed red pepper and cook for 2 minutes more
- Add chicken and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Hit the "Cancel" button on your Instant Pot
- Add the mixture of ginger, broth, liquid aminos and honey. Close and secure the lid on your Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to Sealing.
- Using the +/- buttons, set the time to 8 minutes. Once your pot comes to pressure, the "8" will appear and the time will count down.
- Once the cook time is completed, do a quick release of the steam.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Take 1 cup of the sauce out of the pot and mix it with the corn starch to make a slurry. Add the mixture back to the pot, hit sautè, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken and the broccoli to the pot, put the lid back on, and hit the "Warm" button. Let sit for 10 minutes until the broccoli is steamed
- Stir all together, check for salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using
- Serve on its own or over traditional rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice
This Post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own!