I have been working on converting our favorite recipes to the Instant Pot! My latest recipe for Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Piccata will definitely be in regular rotation in my house. My traditional Chicken Piccata is one of my daughters favorites and I couldn’t wait to work on an Instant Pot version. This recipe is a healthier , lighted up version of what you typically get in piccata. No flour, a tablespoon of butter, and replacing wine with some white wine vinegar makes this guilt free without sacrificing any of the richness or flavor.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
One of the things I love the most about the Instant Pot is the sauté function. It truly is one pot cooking! Cooking with the Instant Pot can take some practice, but don’t give up! It has become my go to method of cooking, especially during the week when you can have a full dinner ready in much less time. One pot means less clean up. You can put the lid and inner pot in the dishwasher as well! Just make sure the lid goes on the top rack.
Don’t skip the sauté step. Browning the chicken for a few minutes on each side adds flavor and seals in the juices. Nobody wants fry, flavorless chicken! It is well worth the few extra minutes.
The sauce for this Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Piccata is a mixture of low sodium chicken broth, fresh lemon juice, white wine vinegar and capers. Some unsalted butter and chopped parsley is added at the end.
Seal the Instant Pot and set for 9 minutes on Manual High Pressure
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? What are you waiting for?? Get yours Here!
Join our Facebook Community The Healthy Instant Pot!
You may also like these recipes for the Instant Pot:
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- 1½ -2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Juice of One Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Season the Chicken Breasts with salt and pepper
- Hit "Sauté" button on the Instant Pot and add the Olive Oil
- When "HOT" appears, add chicken breasts. Cook for 4 minutes on each side
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute
- Add Chicken Broth, Lemon Juice, White wine Vinegar, and Capers to the bottom, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pot
- Close and Seal the lid. Set to 9 minutes Manual High Pressure. Once your pot comes to pressure, the timer will begin to count down.
- Once the time is down, the Instant Pot will beep. Allow to NPR for 5 minutes
- Hit Cancel and Remove the chicken breasts from the pot to a serving platter.
- Press Sauté button again, add the butter, and cook the sauce for a few minutes to thicken. Spoon sauce over chicken, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and serve