And, just like that, it’s soup season. The beauty of soup? You can really make a soup out of anything you have on hand. It’s a great way to clean out your refrigerator or pantry and to get more veggies into your kids. And it can be made ahead of time, or in your Instant Pot, which means less weekday stress over what’s for dinner! The Instant Pot was such a game changer for me and it will be for you too! This recipe for Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup uses simple ingredients and an easy preparation.
Want to make Beef Barley Soup on the stovetop or in your slow cooker? Get both recipes HERE
Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
This Barley Beef soup for the Instant Pot is a hearty recipe that is a one pot meal all on its own. You can serve it with some crusty bread , which my family always loves.
Our other favorite Instant Pot soups
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 Cup Barley
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, torn into pieces (You can substitute frozen spinach)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Season the stew meat with salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.