And, just like that, it’s soup season. The beauty of soup? You can really make a soup out of anything you have on hand. It’s a great way to clean out your refrigerator or pantry and to get more veggies into your kids. And it can be made ahead of time, or in your Instant Pot, which means less weekday stress over what’s for dinner! The Instant Pot was such a game changer for me and it will be for you too! This recipe for Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup uses simple ingredients and an easy preparation.
I get all of my meat from Butcher Box Meat Delivery Box service and I absolutely LOVE it! Butcher Box delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, humanely raised pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to your door. Choose from four different curated boxes or completely customize your own box based on your and your family’s tastes. Plus you get a FREE Meat Bundle with your first order!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or would like to to make Beef Barley Soup on the stovetop or in your slow cooker, we have both recipes HERE!
Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
This Barley Beef soup for the Instant Pot is a hearty recipe that is a one pot meal all on its own. You can serve it with some crusty bread , which my family always loves.
Our other favorite Instant Pot soups
Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Ground Pork and Kale
Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup
This delicious recipe for Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup is perfect for those cold nights
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 Cup Barley
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, torn into pieces (You can substitute frozen spinach)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Season the stew meat with salt and pepper.
- Press the "Sautè" function on your Instant Pot and add the Olive Oil
- When the display reads "HOT", working in batches, add the meat to the pot. Brown for 4 minutes. Remove the stew meat to a plate and set aside
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and spices to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute
- Hit the "Cancel" button on your Instant Pot.
- Add the broth, barley and the stew meat back into the pot. Add in the Bay Leaves
- Cook on High Pressure (or Manual ) for 30 minutes. You can also press the "Soup" button if your Instant Pot has that feature. Once the cooking time is done, let the pressure naturally release
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
Would love to hear what you think!