It’s getting cold in New York City and that means comfort foods! My Instant Pot and Slow Cooker go into constant rotation with soups and stews this time of year. This Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe (also known as Pressure Cooker Beef Stew) is hearty, delicious, and easy to make!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
I get all of my meat from Butcher Box Meat Delivery Box service and I absolutely LOVE it! Butcher Box delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, humanely raised pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to your door. Choose from four different curated boxes or completely customize your own box based on your and your family’s tastes. Plus you get a FREE Meat Bundle with your order!
Making Beef Stew in the Instant Pot in just 35 minutes tastes like you have been cooking it for hours! If you don’t have an Instant Pot (I mean, what are you waiting for??), try my Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs Stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves. crushed and minced
- 5 Carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 6-8 Small Potatoes, halved
- 1 small container of mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on the size
- 3 Cups Organic Low sodium Beef Broth or Stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are a few more of my family’s favorite Beef Recipes for the Instant Pot :