It’s getting cold in New York City and that means comfort foods! My Instant Pot and Slow Cooker go into constant rotation with soups and stews this time of year. This Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe (also known as Pressure Cooker Beef Stew) is hearty, delicious, and easy to make!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Making Beef Stew in the Instant Pot in just 35 minutes tastes like you have been cooking it for hours! If you don’t have an Instant Pot (I mean, what are you waiting for??), try my Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Stew
The Best Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs Stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves. crushed and minced
- 5 Carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 6-8 Small Potatoes, halved
- 1 small container of mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on the size
- 3 Cups Organic Low sodium Beef Broth or Stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Instant Pot was an absolute game changer for me! For a family of four, this 6 Quart should be all you need! For larger families, or if you like to cook in bulk, I would recommend the 8 Quart
Here are a few more of my family’s favorite Beef Recipes for the Instant Pot :
Would love to hear what you think!