Instant Pot Chicken, Apples, & Cabbage is an easy one pot meal that is packed with flavor and is both nutritious and delicious!
How do you feel about cabbage? It can be a tricky vegetable admittedly. But, cabbage is an inexpensive vegetable that has many nutritional benefits. Full of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and helps with digestion. It pairs beautifully with the flavors of the chicken and the apples!
This recipe for Instant Pot Chicken, Apples, & Cabbage is simple with basic ingredients and pantry spices. We all need meals that are easy to make but are still healthy and comforting. The texture of the cabbage once its cooked in the Instant Pot with the chicken and apples is soft and delicious.
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet and wondering if you need one and which to get? The answers are Yes, you need one! And this one is the one I have and love:
Try these other healthy chicken recipes for the Instant Pot :
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Join our Facebook Community The Healthy Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Chicken, Apples, & Cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 3 Apples, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyne
- 1/4 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Press Sauté button and add olive oil
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- When the display reads "HOT" , add chicken breasts, Brown on each side for 4 minutes
- Press "Cancel"
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and stir,
- Close and seal lid. Set to Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes
- Once the pot comes to pressure (approximately 10 minutes), the timer will begin to count down
- Once finished, let the pressure release naturally
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.