Soup season is in full swing and I have my old favorites and new recipes in heavy rotation. To be honest, I do love soup all year long, but especially when the weather gets colder. My Instant Pot is getting more use than ever! You guys, I can’t tell you enough how this appliance has changed my life! I love to cook and am passionate about my family eating healthy at home (most of the time!), but time and schedules can sometimes be challenging. One of my favorite uses for the Instant Pot is for soups. My recipe for Lentil Soup with Ground Pork and Kale is a delicious, healthy, fast meal that everyone will love!
Lentils are a staple in our house. They are an excellent, inexpensive source of protein and are high in B Vitamins and Iron. Lentils are also full of fiber that helps keep you full longer, helps in lowering cholesterol and is good for your overall gut health. Did you know that your microbiome “gut health” is linked to things like your immune system, stress, sleep, inflammation, digestion, and your mood?
I like to sauté the meat and veggies first for added flavor. It doesn’t take long and the end result is well worth it!
If you are eating plant based , this Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Ground Pork and Kale can be made vegetarian! Just eliminate the pork and follow the rest of the recipe as it is!
If you prefer spinach over kale, feel free to swap it out!
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet?? What are you waiting for? Get one HERE!
While you wait for your pot to arrive, here are a few of our favorite slow cooker and stove top soups:
Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Ground Pork and Kale
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 4 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 2 carrots, Diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Dried Lentils
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Chopped Kale
- Add the Olive Oil to the pot and hit the "Sauté" Button
- When the display reads "HOT", add the Ground Pork. Brown the meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add the vegetables and spices and cook until the veggies are softened, about 5 minutes
- Add the lentils. broth, tomatoes, Kale, and Bay Leaves.
- Seal the Lid and Press "Manual +/-" and set to 15 minutes
- Once the time is done, open the valve to Quick Release the pressure
- Check for Seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste