Full disclosure…I HATE making mashed potatoes. Every Thanksgiving my mother asks to make the mashed potatoes and every year I refuse. Even though I cook all the time and host holidays where I cook a dozen different things, there is something about mashed potatoes that is so much work and that I dread. Until NOW. Enter the Instant Pot. This recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes is so easy and they turned out creamy and delicious.
I used Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe. They have a richer flavor and smoother texture which makes them a great choice for mashed potatoes. There are nutritional benefits as well. The yellow color comes from carotenoids, which are an antioxidant. Yukon Gold potatoes have less sodium and are higher in protein than other potatoes. Plus, you don’t have to peel them. Not only does this make the prep quicker and easier, the skins contain many different phytonutrients and vitamins including flavonoids which can lower bad cholesterol.
These mashed potatoes would be a fantastic side dish for my Instant Pot Pork Loin!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes :
Mashed Potatoes in 10 minutes? Yes, please!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet and are looking at the options, this is the one that I have:
- 1 pound Yukon God Potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped parsley
- Put cubed Potatoes into the Instant Pot and just enough water to cover
- Close and secure the lid, making sure the vent is set to Sealing
- Choose Manual Setting and press the +/- until the screen reads 10 minutes
- Once the pot comes to pressure, the time will begin to count down
- When the cooking time is completed and the pot beeps, do a Quick Release
- Drain Potatoes.
- Add milk, butter, black pepper, and more salt if needed to the pot
- Mash all ingredients together
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and mix in the parsley
Disclosure: This post contains an Affiliate link, which means that I earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.