Fall cooking and Family Dinners…these are two of my favorite things. Short ribs are the ultimate comfort food, but they take a LONG time to cook. Cooking them in the traditional way can take up to 4 hours and I don’t often have that kind of time. Once again, the Instant Pot to the rescue! My Instant Pot Short Ribs (or pressure cooker short ribs) are fall off the bone tender and in a fraction of the time.
Instant Pot Short Ribs
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
I served these Instant Pot Short Ribs over mashed garlic parmesan cauliflower and sautéed broccoli rabe. You could also serve with these simple Instant Pot mashed potatoes and Sauteed Broccolini with White Beans
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet and wondering if you need one and which to get? The answers are Yes, you need one! There are a lot of choices, but these are my top two choices:
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
If you need more inspiration for the Instant Pot, check out these quick and easy recipes:
When I talk about healthy recipes, Im not talking about going fat free, vegetarian or not eating red meaT. Or cutting out grains or dairy. Obviously people do have different dietary restrictions for various reasons. For me its about eating real food. Learning how to replace things like high sodium seasoning packets and sugary marinades with healthy swap outs that are easy and actually cheaper. I invite you to join our Facebook Community at The Healthy Instant Pot!
The Recipe For Instant Beef Pot Short Ribs
- 4 pounds Bone In Short Ribs
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Can tomato paste
- 1 Cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 Cup red wine
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel and season them liberally with salt and pepper
- Press the "Sautè" function on your Instant Pot and add the Olive Oil
- When the display reads "HOT", working in batches, add the short ribs fat side down to the pot.Sear for 4 minutes on each side. Remove short ribs to a plate and set aside
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and spices to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes more
- Hit the "Cancel" button on your Instant Pot.
- Add the tomatoes and the short ribs back into the pot. Pour the beef broth and red wine over the ribs. Add in the Bay Leaves
- Cook on High Pressure (or Manual ) for 50 minutes. Once the cooking time is done, let the pressure naturally release
**This post contains affiliate links. As always, all recommendations and opinions are my own