If you like Spaghetti Squash, but don’t always have an extra hour to make it in the oven, this recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is for you! While delicious on its own, Spaghetti Squash can be used as a low carb. lower calorie alternative to pasta. High in Potassium, Vitamin A, folic acid, and beta carotene Spaghetti Squash is a nutritious addition to your seasonal fall foods. And its super easy to make!
The color can range from yellow to more orange. More orange just means that there is more beta carotene in the squash!
The uncooked squash has a long shelf life. It will stay fresh for about 2-3 weeks. Once cooked, I store it in a container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can cook the squash whole, but I recommend cutting it in half before you cook it. You want to use a sharp, heavy knife to cut through the thick skin. The direction you cut it will determine the length of the strands you get after its cooked.
High Manual Pressure (+/-) for 8 minutes!
The recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash doesn’t get easier than this!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Brush the olive oil onto both halves of the squash and season with salt and pepper
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot and add the broth
- Place both halves of the Spaghetti Squash on the trivet
- Close and Seal the lid and set to Manual High Pressure for 8 minutes
- Do a Quick Pressure Release and carefully remove the squash.
- Once it is cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti strands
Check out my recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for another quick and easy side dish!