Making these Stuffed Cabbage Rolls in your Instant Pot means less stress over what’s for dinner! The Instant Pot was such a game changer for me and it will be for you too! This recipe for Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage uses simple ingredients for a hearty, nutritious dinner that is perfect for either weeknights or a family Sunday dinner.
This is the 6 Quart Instant Pot that I have and love! For more easy, yummy Instant Pot recipes, Join our Facebook Community The Healthy Instant Pot!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Try these other delicious Instant Pot Recipes:
- 1 Head Green Cabbage, cored
- For the Filling:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Large Egg , lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- For the Sauce:
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- 1 Large (28 ounce) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Core the cabbage,. Place the trivet and 1 cup of water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place Cabbage on the trivet. Press "Manual" and set the time to 8 minutes. Once time is done, open the valve to quickly release the pressure. Carefully remove cabbage to a plate.to cool
- Once the cabbage is cool enough to handle, remove the outer leaves. Chop up remaining cabbage and set aside
- To make the filling, mix the ground turkey, brown rice, egg, parsley, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Fill each cabbage leave with 1-2 Tablespoons of the meat mixture. Fold the edges in and roll (like you would a burrito)
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste. chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, and Balsamic. Set aside
- Hit "Saute" and add the extra virgin olive oil. Once the display shows "HOT", add the onions and chopped cabbage to the pot. Saute for 3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Turn off the pot and place the trivet inside the inner pot. Place the cabbage rolls on the trivet, layering them on top of each other if necessary
- Pour the sauce mixture over the cabbage rolls.
- Close and lock the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Press the "Manual" button and set the time for 25 minutes
- Once the time is completed, let the pot Natural Release (AKA Leave it alone!) for 10 minutes and then open the valve to release the rest of the pressure
- Transfer the cabbage rolls to a platter, spooning the sauce over them to cover
- Serve Hot and Enjoy!
I’m honored to have been selected to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program! Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker (so many cute ones to choose from) to directly show appreciation and support for the content on my website. For me, those stickers can translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying and feel is the most valuable to you on my blog. What I love most about the program is that it gives my audience (You!) a fun, personal way to connect with me and support the content they want to see more of! You can find the Thank with Google feature in the sidebar of my website. If you test it out, even just to send a free sticker, let me know what you think! Thanks as always for your support. Happy Holidays!