Day 44 -or 347,228 -of Quarantine Cooking. Can anyone else relate?? My Instant Pot has gotten even more use than usual as I try to make cooking multiple meals a day as easy as possible. There are days when I want to sit and create elaborate meals, but more often I want them to be simple, healthy, and using things I already have in my pantry to avoid another trip to the store. This recipe for Instant Pot Tortellini Soup is super easy, delicious, and uses simple ingredients you likely have on hand. It also pairs very nicely with a nice Chianti!
A lot of recipes I see for Tortellini in the Instant Pot are full of heavy cream or half and half. I set out to make a healthier version that still has a ton of flavor. I added Kale for greens and an extra nutritional boost and because we really love kale in soups. Feel free to swap out the kale for spinach or even escarole if you prefer. This recipe made enough for dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day for all of us. It would also freeze well!
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet and wondering if you need one and which to get? The answers are Yes, you need one! There are a lot of choices, but this one is the one I have and love:
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Join our Facebook Community The Healthy Instant Pot!
More Instant Pot Recipes for easy family dinners:
Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 8 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Chopped Kale
- 1 Package Fresh Cheese Tortellini (Use frozen or boxed if you don't have fresh!)
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Add the Olive Oil to your Instant Pot and Press the Sauté Button. Wait for the display to read "HOT"
- Add the sausage to the pot, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon and cook until browned.
- Add the onions and spices and cook until onions are softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Hit the "Cancel" Button on your Instant Pot.
- To the pot add the tomatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Secure the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing
- Press the Manual +/- or the Pressure Cooking button (depending on your Instant Pot model) and set the timer to 10 minutes. Cooking time will begin to countdown when the pot comes to pressure
- Once the cooking time is done, Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- Press the "Sautè" button again. Add the Tortellini and the Kale and cook for 6 minutes.
- Check for seasonings, top with the chopped parsley and serve!