My daughter is and has always been a snacker. I do my best to stock healthy snacks in the house so that I can feel good about what she is eating between meals. A favorite after school snack in our house are Kale Chips. I know-you are probably thinking “My kid hates kale”. So did mine. Until we discovered we could make them into delicious chips! Kale is high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K and D, and has more iron than red meat. It helps build the immune system , improve gut health and the microbiome , and helps to decrease inflammation in the body.
As we head into cold and flu season, it’s even more important for you and your family to eat less sugar ( sugar weakens our immune system) and eat more of what will build our immune systems. Your kids will love these easy to make Kale chips (so will you!) and you can feel good about letting them eat the whole bowl! The chips take about 10 minutes to make. You know I am all about quick and easy!
TIP: Add the salt after you take the chips out of the oven. Adding salt before they are cooked will result in soggy chips!
If you want a veggie inspired sweet treat, check out my recipe for Zucchini Brownie Cupcakes
- -One large bunch Tuscan Kale, chopped into small pieces
- -2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- -Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- \-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- -Spread Kale into a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- -Drizzle Olive Oil over Kale and toss to coat
- -Bake for approximately 7 minutes until crispy.
- -Sprinkle sea salt on the baked chips