This Roasted Parmesan Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish! Using fresh, simple ingredients such as lemon, basil, and parmesan make for a delicious flavor combination. Making healthy, flavorful dishes does not have to be time consuming or complicated. Roasting brings out so much flavor and is one of my favorite ways to eat vegetables.
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Many parents struggle with getting their kids to eat vegetables. This Roasted Parmesan Broccoli is a healthy vegetable dish that your entire family will eat. Not only delicious, but packed with nutrition. Broccoli is high in fiber, vitamin C, VitaminK , Potassium, and an excellent source of antioxidant , which reduce inflammation in the body and play a big role in overall health. Fresh Basil is also an antioxidant, high in Vitamin K, vitamin A, and Magnesium. Olive Oil is a healthy fat and garlic is high in antimicrobial properties. All of that nutrition in a delicious kid approved dish. That’s a Mom Win!
Looking for some other delicious veggie sides? Check out some of my other favorites:
- 1 pound broccoli florets , sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful fresh basil , sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli, garlic, and olive oil on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, and parmesan cheese and toss to combine.