I love mushrooms. All kinds of mushrooms. This recipe for Sauteéd Mushrooms with Sage is an easy side dish that’s quick enough for a weeknight dinner , but still delicious enough for a holiday side dish! I bring this dish every year to my brothers house for Thanksgiving.
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms , cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon organic unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 10 sage leaves , Sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook until soft , approximately 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add mushrooms, sage, sea salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook until
- Mushrooms are soft , about 10 minutes
- Check for seasoning and add more sea salt and pepper if necessary.