Is there something that you love but only eat out at a restaurant? I love Ahi Tuna , but was always afraid to make it at home. My last trip to whole foods I found it on sale and decided I was going to do it. As with most things, I find that simple preparation is usually the best, especially when cooking something new. And I’m all about easy weeknight dinners, because let’s face it, we are all insanely busy these days between work, kids activities, homework , and everything else that’s thrown our way each day. But, With all that we have going on in our lives, it’s still really important to eat healthy in order to stay healthy. This recipe for Simple Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks took only 10 minutes from start to finish! It was delicious and easy enough for a weeknight family dinner, but special enough to serve to company. That’s my kind of cooking!
This recipe has only four ingredients-Ahi Tuna steaks, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, andy easier salt and pepper. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
I served the tuna steaks with lemon wedges, grilled asparagus and polenta.
AND…I’m happy to say it was definitely kid approved! What more can we ask for?
What’s your favorite fish to cook at home? If you like shrimp, check out my recipe for Skinny Shrimp Scampi
- 2 ahi tuna steaks (this served two adults and 1 child, with leftovers)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Brush one side of the tuna steaks with the olive oil. Season with the sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot, but not smoking. Place tuna steaks face down on the side brushed with the olive oil. Brush the other side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2½ minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- I served the tuna steaks with lemon wedges, grilled asparagus and
- Now, that's a pretty plate!
- AND...I'm happy to say it was definitely kid approved! What more can we ask for?
- What's your favorite fish to cook at home that you would like to see more recipes for?