Is there anything like a delicious, hot soup on a freezing cold day? Better yet if you can dump it all in and let your slow cooker do all the work for youToday was one of those days calling for soup and the slow cooker. I’m always trying to think of new and creative recipes -and my husband just really wanted some chicken noodle soup. My recipe for Slow Cooker Gluten Free Chicken Soup is a super easy healthy soup that everyone will love. I used organic quinoa linguini. It’s gluten-free, a super grain , and has the taste and texture of traditional pasta. I’m Italian and need my pasta and this definitely satisfies the pasta craving!
Don’t have a slow cooker yet or not sure if you need one? You do! Imagine coming home every night and dinner is already made? I couldn’t live without mine!
TIP: If you are looking to get a slow cooker, buy one that is programmable in the biggest size you can! Bigger is always better. You can always make less , but having the option to feed large crowds or to double recipes to freeze for a second dinner is everything! I love my All Clad 7 quart from Amazon
Enjoy these other easy, healthy, and delicious slow cooker soups:
- 1 pound organic boneless , skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 carrots , peeled and chopped
- 4 leeks, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Saly
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 box quinoa linguini
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- Put all ingredients , except for the quinoa linguini and the spinach, into the slow cooker.
- Set on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking , break linguini into pieces and add to slow cooker. Add the spinach.
- Once the cook time is done, add lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary