My experimentation with reinventing take out at home- healthy and EASY- continues! I am especially obsessed with Indian food these days. Yesterday’s dreary cold weather here in Brooklyn was calling for me to break the slow cooker back out. I had boneless pork chops and wanted to do something different with them. Thursday is a late day for us because of after school activities so dinner is always as rush and we are really trying to avoid take out during the week. The slow cooker to the rescue. Checking out what I already had in the pantry, I decided to make a Slow Cooker Pork and Lentil Curry.
Don’t have a slow cooker yet or not sure if you need one? You do! Imagine throwing everything into a pot in the morning and having dinner made? I couldn’t live without mine
TIP: If you are looking to get a slow cooker, buy one that is programmable in the biggest size you can! Bigger is always better. You can always make less , but having the option to feed large crowds or to double recipes to freeze for a second dinner is everything! I love my All Clad 7 quart from Amazon
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Vegetarian or just trying to eat more plant based? Check out my recipe for Slow Cooker Curry Chickpea Veggie Stew
Slow Cooker Pork and Lentil Curry
- 6 Boneless pork chops ( about 1.5-2.0 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 3 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut in half
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2½ cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Cut pork into 2" cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pork and sauté until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic , and spices to tha pan. Saute until onion is softened , about 3 minutes,and add mixture to slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Top
- with parsley.
- Serve with brown rice on the side if you like
This post contains an affiliate link.