This recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is a dump and go recipe that you can make any day of the week! It’s no secret I love my slow cooker! But, I do get tired of soups, stews, and chili from time to time. I decided to experiment a bit and I think I came up with the easiest dinner ever!! Anyone else need EASY? But still healthy and delicious? We are all crazy with work, activities, homework, scheduling…did I leave anything out? Some days I just don’t have the time or energy to spend in the kitchen. But, the reality is that cooking is healthier and certainly cheaper than going out to eat or ordering in food. This is a recipe I will be putting in my rotation for sure. Read on for my recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken.
I promise you, it doesn’t get any easier than this! Throw all the ingredients ,including frozen chicken breasts, into the slow cooker and turn it on! That’s it! You can also use defrosted chicken breasts-the time stays the same! I served it over brown rice. Try cauliflower rice for a gluten free alternative! Delicious, healthy Mexican food at home!
Turn your Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken into Enchiladas !
Looking for more chicken slow cooker recipes? Here are a few more of our tried and true favorites!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package frozen corn
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into the slow cooker
- Set for High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours
- In the last 30 minutes, Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
- Add back into slow cooker and cook for the remaining time