Breakfast for dinner! Sometimes, there’s nothing better. It’s a great way to get a healthy, comforting dinner on the table quickly during the week. A frittata is a great way to use up produce you have on hand and to get more veggies into your family’s diet. This Spinach, Tomato, & Feta Frittata is easy and so good. Serve with your favorite salad for a complete meal.
I love the flavor combinations of spinach, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Feta adds creamy, slightly salty flavor. Feta is lower in calories than other cheeses and also may also contain higher amounts of the fatty acid CLA, which can aid in weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight but still want to enjoy cheese in your diet, feta is a great choice!
This recipe Cook until the edges start to set and then transfer to a preheated oven
Spinach, Tomato, & Feta Frittata
I served this Spinach, Tomato, & Feta Frittata with a Purple Bean Heirloom Tomato Salad and a simple Green Salad.
I had my daughter’s friend over for dinner. She took a bite of the Frittata and said “Wow! I didn’t expect it to be so good!”. What an awesome compliment! And Isabella asked to take what was left of the Frittata for lunch tomorrow. Mom for the WIN!
More breakfast for dinner (or just breakfast!) with these other frittata recipes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 6 Organic Cage Free Eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. minced
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Whisk together.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 3/4 of the feta cheese to the egg mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the spinach, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper and cook until it wilts down.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook until the edges start to set.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 15 minutes until frittata is firm and cooked through.