Summer is finally here! During the summer months, we spend as much time outdoors as possible. For us New York City apartment dwellers, that means our building’s rooftop. Grilling and eating al fresco is something we try to do every day that we can! Sometimes its just the three of us, but often we find friends and neighbors enjoying the beautiful outdoor space. When it’s hot outside, there is nothing better than light, refreshing dishes. This Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Glaze was a huge hit and so simple to make!
This was my first time making homemade Balsamic Glaze and it is definitely going into regular rotation! In addition to salads, it would be amazing on chicken, pork, or roasted veggies. I used raw honey instead of adding sugar. Store bought marinades, glazes, and sauces often have a lot of sugar, sodium, and artificial ingredients. This balsamic glaze has only two ingredients!
What are your favorite summer salads? For more healthy, fresh salad ideas, check out these recipes:
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe ideas and healthy living tips!
Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Glaze: A delicious Strawberry Side Dish
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 container Strawberries
- 3 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- Peel and dice the cucumbers and place in a large bowl.
- Slice Strawberries, add to the bowl, and toss to combine.
- Add Feta Cheese
- Make the Glaze:
- Bring the Balsamic Vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Boil until thickened (approximately 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in honey
- Drizzle Glaze over the salad