Whether you are a football fan and rooting for your favorite team, or just watching for the commercials and halftime show, it’s fun to get together with friends, family, and food for the Super Bowl. Whether you are planning a big Super Bowl party or a low-key one at home, this is an easy, delicious, and healthy Turkey Chili that everyone will love! I use three different beans, but you can also use whatever type of bean you like or have on hand. The recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd, or to have extra to freeze. Whenever I make chilis or soups, I try to make enough to freeze for those nights when I just don’t have time to cook and don’t want to order take out. My Super Bowl Turkey Chili-or really any day is a good day for Chili- is always a hit whatever the day!
PIN IT!! Save your favorite recipes to Pinterest. Follow The Brooklyn Mom on Pinterest for more recipe lol ideas and healthy living tips!
Chili is definitely in the Top 10 of Super bowl foods! I like to set up a “chili bar” with an assortment of toppings for everyone to make their own! It’s a fun and delicious addition to your Super Bowl Party. Some of the toppings you can include are:
Chopped red onion
-Try swapping out the sour cream with organic greek yogurt for a healthier, protein filled option
-Check the labels on jarred salsa. A lot of brands have added sugar and a ton of ingredients you don’t want! Stick to ones that are tomatoes, onions, chilis, and spices.
SUPER BOWL TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
Do you want to make chili, but don’t have the time to do it on the stove? I get it! It’s easily adapted to the slow cooker! Get the Slow Cooker Recipe HERE
Need a Vegetarian Chili recipe? This Slow Cooker Veggie Quinoa Chili is my go to!
Check out some more of my favorite Super Bowl Recipes:
Game Day 3 Bean Turkey Chili
Whether you are planning a big Super Bowl party or a low-key one at home with your family, this is an easy, delicious, and healthy Turkey chili that everyone will love! Can easily be doubled for a crowd, or to have extra to freeze!
- •1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- •2 med onions, chopped
- •1 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- •2 pounds organic ground turkey
- •1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- •1/4 cup chili powder
- •2 bay leaves
- •1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- •1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- •1 28 ounce can of organic whole tomatoes, roughly chopped
- •1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- •3 cups of organic low sodium chicken broth
- •1/4 cup tomato paste
- •3 15 ounce cans beans (we use a mixture of black, white, and kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- Optional Toppings:
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Greek Yogurt (a healthier, protein packed alternative to Sour Cream)
- Shredded Cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the onions and saute until they are golden brown. Add the oregano and cumin. Stir. Add in the turkey and cook until no longer pink. Stir in cinnamon, cocoa powder, and chili powder and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in beans and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Would love to hear what you think!