1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh ginger
1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Stock
1/4 Cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or Low Sodium Soy Sauce)
1 Tablespoon Raw honey
2 Cups broccoli florets
1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon Corn starch
Sesame Seeds for garnish (Optional)
- In a bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together the Chicken broth, Bragg Liquid Aminos, Ginger, and Honey and Set Aside.
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add the Coconut Oil and Sesame Oil
- Once the display reads "HOT", add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and the crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute more
- Add chicken and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Hit the "Cancel" button on your Instant Pot
- Add the mixture of ginger, broth, liquid aminos and honey and scrape up any "brown bits" in the pot. Close and secure the lid on your Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to Sealing.
- Using the +/- buttons, set the time to 7 minutes. Once your pot comes to pressure, the "8" will appear and the time will count down.
- Once the cook time is completed, do a quick release of the steam.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Take 1 cup of the sauce out of the pot and mix it with the corn starch to make a slurry. Add the mixture back to the pot, hit sauté, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken and the broccoli to the pot, put the lid back on, and hit the "Warm" button. Let sit for 10 minutes until the broccoli is steamed
- Stir all together, check for salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using
- Serve on its own or over traditional rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice