The kick off to summer is FINALLY here! I am looking forward to a long weekend of barbecues and friends. If you’re also planning a barbecue or Memorial Day party, here is a quick and easy Homemade Fresh Salsa recipe that everyone will love. It’s okay to indulge, but it’s important to balance the less than healthy foods that come along with parties and barbecues with some fresh, healthy options. But, of course, these healthy options must be delicious and they must be easy to make! There’s nothing I like better than sharing good food with good friends and family.
This salsa is delicious with tortilla chips or cut up veggies. It can also be used as a topping for grilled chicken, steak, or fish. Be sure to make it about an hour ahead of time if you can-this will give all the amazing flavors time to come together!
This Homemade Fresh Salsa is a recipe that I make over and over again for parties and its always a crowd pleaser! And, it’s so pretty to look at with all the colors. Have you heard the expression that we eat with our eyes?
Homemade Fresh Salsa
Are you looking for more recipes for your next party? Check out these healthy and yummy that everyone will love:
- 3 large Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small, or 1/2 large, red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Juice of one lime
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onion. cilantro, cumin, and lime in a glass bowl.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavors to combine